Thursday, July 11, 2013

Flip the switch to turn the lights on

Are you still maneuvering in the dark when it comes to your own personal and professional development?
Personally, I prefer to turn my headlights on when I'm driving my car at night. Otherwise it would be more difficult to see in the dark. Similarly, I prefer to turn my lights on at night when I'm home and need to see. That way I’m not trying to maneuver in the dark. Heavens forbid I stub my big toe.
With this in mind, one of the best ways to turn our personal and professional development lights on is to invest our time with like-minded people. In other words, attend major events, conferences, or functions and build relationships by associating with like-minded leaders who share your personal and professional passions. 
We are essentially driving in the dark if we never take part in major events like the World Domination Summit, TED, Powernetworking, and the Reinvention Summit to name a few. Do yourself a favor. Google search and find an upcoming major event and then plug-in. If you show up, you stand a good chance in meeting someone who has been where you're trying to go. In fact, they may give you sound advice since they have seen around the corners and know the obstacles that you are up against.
Attending personal and professional development events should become second nature as it is to drive your car with the lights on in the dark. All you need to do is flip the switch to become enlightened! 

No comments:

Post a Comment