Thursday, June 13, 2013

Put your fingers in the taffy

We all have our own unique experiences when it comes to living our lives as employees. Yet for one reason or another at some point in our careers we all have felt unfulfilled. 

A typical employee rant would go something like this:  "I'm driving to work. I'm doing my job. It’s so busy but actually I'm bored. I'm looking for some recognition. I'm taking an extended lunch break today. Will I get caught? I don't know but I would like to get off early today. Where's my boss? Can I get on Facebook before going home? Can I just go home now? Perhaps I should stay late. I might as well connect to my job from home. Do I really HAVE to do this all over again tomorrow?”

Life is so much more than this. Stop thinking and start working your plan. In the words of my dad "You have to put your fingers in the taffy." Taffy is a sticky mass of boiled sugar, butter, flavorings, and coloring. The only way to make taffy is through stretching or pulling.

We can become what we truly want to BE. We have to push and pull and see what happens. We only live once and then it is over before we know it. Find out who you are, what you want to do, and then stretch yourself. The only person who can stretch your mind and leadership is you. I’m just a regular guy who is here to light the fire on your bunsen burner. That's what my leadership is all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment